In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
- Reschedule games, if possible.
- Convert tournament to a “festival” format without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather and fields are playable.
The directors of hoganlax.com, LLC reserve the right to cancel, shorten, or reschedule tournament games due to inclement weather, poor field conditions, or player and fan safety concerns. No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary. Field directors will communicate game changes. Schedule changes will be available at the Information Tent and on line; www.hoganlax.com
If thunder or lightning is observed play will be suspended immediately and players and fans will be asked to leave the fields to return to cars. Play will be allowed to resume 20 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightning is observed which will be determined by the tournament medical staff. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. Subsequent games will begin immediately after preceding games. These games will consist of one 30 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Once games are back on schedule they will revert to “normal” tournament game time procedures.
- No team will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued if the tournament is shortened in part for any reason, including inclement weather or any other “Act of God.”
- No refunds will be issued for playoff or championship games are canceled due to weather.
- Partial refunds will be issued if the tournament is canceled in whole.
- A $200 refund will be issued for any team that registers and withdraws from the tournament prior to March 1 of the year of the tournament.
- No refund of any kind for any team that registers and withdrawls anytime on or after March 1 of the year of the tournament.
- No refund for any team that is removed from the tournament by the tournament director for using illegal players or behavior that requires the team to be removed from the tournament.
Hoganlax.com, LLC, its officers, employees and staff will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by any team, club or organization if the tournament is canceled in whole or in part. The Tournament along with local county or school officials reserves the right to decide on all matters pertaining to the operation of the tournament and its judgment is final.
RULES GOVERNING TOURNAMENT PLAY
Only currently registered players on hoganlax.com, for the specific tournament and who agree to the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Parental Consent AGREEMENT, may participate in tournament games. It is the coach’s responsibility to ensure all of his team members are registered. This can be confirmed on the Player Page for each tournament. Hoganlax.com will on notify a coach if a player did not agree to the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Parental Consent AGREEMENT.
Players may play “up” in age/grade groups, may NOT play “down.”
Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to compete in any playoff games.
No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament. Any team with a player in violation of this rule will forfeit all games in which the player is known to have competed and forfeit the opportunity to advance to the playoff round.
Tie breakers will be determined for each age group and division depending on the number of teams participating in the respective age group and division. Tie breaker information will be available on the website no later than one week prior to the tournament and will appear on the provided brackets.
Any player, fan or coach ejected from the game will be prohibited from competing in his/her team’s next game.
Decisions on the field will be the final ruling. Any fighting or flagrant disrespect toward an official will result in expulsion for the remainder of the tournament. No Exceptions, No Refunds.
Spectators also need to respect the Officials and the Players. Bad behavior will not be tolerated. The Tournament Staff will require the coach from the offender’s team to remove the offender from the facility.
Each field is assigned a Field Timer; the Field Timer will record the score on a scorecard for each game. At the end of each game one referee who officiated the game will sign the scorecard to confirm final score and expulsions. Coaches should check the scorecard on the field if they wish to validate or challenge a score. Any challenges must be made immediately following the game with the Field Timer, who will contact a tournament administrator to address the issue. Once the scorecard reaches the administration tent the score is considered final.
See Game rules per tournament